Each patient requires a different treatment approach depending on specific skin condition, overall health, and treatment goals. For example, one individual may wish to use cosmetic acupuncture to promote overall radiance and youthfulness of the face, while another may want to more specifically target problem areas such as jowls, smile lines, and eye bags. In general, facial acupuncture not only brings more energy and blood flow to the face, but can also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the skin.
A cosmetic acupuncture treatment always consists of acupuncture points on the body as well as on the face. An individualized treatment of acupuncture points on the body target internal imbalances that may be contributing to the signs of aging on the face as well as help promote deep relaxation. As such, acupuncture for facial rejuvenation not only brings more natural youthfulness to the face, but also promotes beauty and health from within.
In general, patients tend to see noticeable changes between 4 and 6 sessions; however, many patients notice benefits after just 1 or 2 treatments. Between 10 and 15 sessions is the recommended course of treatment, but this depends on lifestyle, age, and constitution.
Visible benefits of cosmetic acupuncture include:
- Elimination or reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoothing out of deeper wrinkles
- Improvement of facial skin and muscle tone
- Improvement in skin color and complexion
- Reduction of puffiness and "eye bags"
- Relaxation of facial tension that can cause frown lines, smile lines, and forehead wrinkles
- Improvement in sagging skin and jowls
- Improvement of skin conditions such as acne or rosacea